Thursday, June 19, 2014

Daily Good Moodivation - Who do you want to be?


Who do you want to be..... today? Tomorrow? This week? Next year? In 5 years???

Do you have a clear vision of the person who you aspire to be? You are your number one role model. Make up your mind to be a person who would inspire the you from yesterday.

I've been fortunate enough to have several mentors through my young life. I believe that a strong mentor relationship is critical to your own personal growth and development. I've had mentors in various aspects - from manhood, to spirituality, to career guidance, to fitness. I consider each of my close friends a mentor in their own way, and seek to find in them certain characteristics and attributes which I can learn and grow from. It is through each of these relationships in which I glean bits and pieces of the 'self' who I want to be like. Through all the positive qualities I've noticed in my friends and mentors, I am able to piece together a clearly defined image of a man who embodies these character traits.

So - I pose the question once more. Who do you want to be? Remember that you have ultimate control over your life. Once you change what is going on internally, you change what you view externally. I believe that a person can literally change the world, by changing their self.

If you do not have an ultimate personal goal of who you want to be, I suggest you try this. Take several moments to reflect. Do not just fleetingly think about it either. Draw back on any past experiences with people who you admire and look up to, or lessons learned from role models and friends. Try to tie these experiences to some sort of characteristic or principle. Realize that these people and events had an impact on who you are today, and then try to imagine a role reversal. Recognize the potential within you, to be able to cast your own net of influence over the people whom you interact. Do you realize that you have the same exact ability as anyone who has ever changed your life in a positive way, to reflect that unto others? YOU have the ability to change the lives of others on a daily basis. All you have to do is to make up your mind to do so! And it all starts with a clearly defined image of the person who you aspire to be.

Wake up every morning and remind yourself how thankful you are for being you. Look forward to the opportunities and challenges before you on this beautiful day. Understand your potential and realize that by being intentional, you can positive impact the lives of those around you. Create a powerful internal image of a person who you would love to be around, who lifts everyone up, who motivates and inspire. Identify and connect yourself with this image and let the unconscious mind work to move yourself towards this ultimate destination.

Always remember that there is a massive, unlocked potential and greatness within you. You must allow your mind to be open to this potential. Have a great day, and feed my mind, body, and spirit with the nourishment it needs to sustain ultimate performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment