Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Welcome!

I am the Good Mood Food Dude.... Welcome to my page! Thank you for joining me on this wonderful journey to improve our mind, body, and spirit through the use of food and discussion around it's purpose. Some of you may be wondering - what is this blog going to do for me? Why should I continue reading? Hopefully by explaining my vision with this blog, I shall attract most of you to continue reading.

The Good Mood Food Dude - Mission Statement
We are a community of health conscious individuals who are passionate about helping the world reclaim its health. By committing ourselves to improving our own habits, we reflect outwardly our positive and radiant well being. This enables us to empower others for restoring their own vitality, and share our vision. We strive for optimal health as a core value and seek to instill this belief this in all beings.

What?
The goal of the 'Good Mood Food Dude' and my writings in this blog is to provide free nutrition and diet knowledge, interpret scientific and complex principles and put them into easy to understand, easy to follow, and fun to read terms. Along with this, you will see my daily motivational entries because I believe that a good mood and great food makes an awesome dude. I will include my own personal experiences so that real life application is relative. Through these entries, we will create a community of like minded individuals who are interested in taking control of their health and learning about, literally, what makes them 'tick' - food.

Why?
There is an extensive amount of information out there on dietary practices and nutrition, but ultimately it is up to the person to determine what works best for them. My hope is that through explaining the science behind the information, by grasping the 'why' behind the 'what', I can empower readers in our community to take the very important reigns of their health. By starting with food, the origin of health in the body, people can substantially improve their quality of life.

How?
Through my own daily education and research, I plan on summarizing topics ranging from basic nutrition and dietary principles to complex scientific literature and cutting edge studies - breaking them down into quick daily reads that can be applied to your own personal health journey. I will also document my own individual health journey, explaining what has worked for me and what I've discarded either as entirely false, or less effective than other methods. This should provide context around the scientific details found in this blog.

Disclaimer - My beliefs and core values
To my audience - please understand that I am not a doctor. I am just a dude who is passionate about health who fully believes that living an optimal lifestyle all begins with the fuel that we put into our bodies - food. All of my writings will be based on my interpretations and experiences with the current information available, with my own personal twist. I believe that through this blog and through all of you, that we can effectively change the world by spreading the correct knowledge of dietary principles, and most importantly empowering people to reclaim their health.

So - if I have not lost you yet, please continue to read on! I also will always seek comments and suggestions on how to make this blog a better place as well as topics you may be interested to read about, so I encourage any and all feedback!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Grant! I will definitely keep up to date with this. I am quite excited to check up on your opinions and what you have to offer the readers who want to truly better themselves. Proud of you brother, keep it up!

    -Petar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you buddy! I am excited to share the knowledge I've acquired over the years and dive deeper into the science of nutrition and the mind. Hopefully we can open up some valuable discussion and get people motivated.

      Delete