Thursday, August 14, 2014

Grant's Workout Wednesday 8/13 and Thursday 8/14

So - to update recent training from today and yesterday. I am still quite sore from Tuesday's strength workout, that being the heaviest I've front squatted in many months, and the highest squat volume I've tackled also since the beginning of July or maybe even the end of June.

Wednesday 8/13
"Alactic Power"


8 rounds with 3 minutes rest:

5 reps Hang Power Snatch (from above knee) @ 115 lb, 120 lb, 125 lb, 125 lb, 125 lb, 125 lb, 130 lb, 130 lb
100m Sprint @ 97%

Notes: Sprinting getting better, much more powerful stride. Power snatches felt light, fast, strong.


Thursday 8/14
"Aerobic Power"


5 rounds with 3 minutes rest:

1 Handstand Push-up (deficit)
3 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
5 Toes to Bar
100m jog @ 70%
repeat circuit 3x, complete on a 3 minute timer

Notes: last 3 rounds was unable to do 3rd 100m jog, 3 minute timer ran out.

Recovery


Wednesday I went for a short morning jog, an easy mile at a leisure pace. I performed an hour and a half of level 2 yoga practice, and an hour of "power" yoga practice, followed by an hour of restorative, meditative yoga. I also had a cup of bone broth and some bone marrow before bed and slept great this night.

Thursday I went for a 20 minute walk in the morning. I road my bike to and from yoga, and performed an hour and a half of level 1-2 yoga practice. I foam rolled the lower body (quads and glutes specifically) for 15 minutes then took a 20 minute epsom salt soak.

No comments:

Post a Comment